Skip to main content

A New Year!


It's the 10th of January and this is my first post for 2011. Time did not permit me much last year to update the blog regularly. I hope this year of the rabbit will be more kind.

I expect new things this year and I am working on it. I will be turning 40 and it may be a cliche' but I would like my life to start anew. Now that I have seen and realized my true passions, I will devote my time pursuing them. It will entail painful separations and difficult adjustments but with faith and perseverance, I am positive that it will be a breeze.

Family remains to be the number one priority. I hope and pray that a junior will come along this year. We will work on that. The girls are growing fast and I need to catch up with them. My wife is not getting any younger either so I need to maximize my time spent with her. Another grandchild is also about to be born reminding me that I have really come of age. There's no stopping it.

By third quarter of the year, I will be finished with my MBA subjects and will just have to do the StraMa paper for completion of the academic requirements. Then I am done. I will be a master in business, theoretically and literally, but hopefully, practically.

I am now at a career crossroad again. I will have to choose if I will go forward with my executive job, or go back to the path of clinical practice, or take other corporate roads that will also allow me to be a tooth and ENT doctor. I hope and pray that the decisive move will happen as I race with the metal rabbit.

The wheel of change moves on and I have no choice than to follow. Continuing what I am doing may give me roots, but changing it will give me branches. The more the branches, the wider and the higher scope I will be able to reach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abdominal Epilepsy?

The other day, I encountered an uncommon medical diagnosis, abdominal epilepsy. Maybe I was absent when this was taught in med school or maybe it was mentioned but it just didn't register in my memory bank. Anyway, for those colleagues who haven't heard of this as well, here's what I found out about it, so that next time you are faced with a weird abdominal pain, you will think of abdominal epilepsy as a differential. There are many medical causes of abdominal pain; abdominal epilepsy is one of the rare causes. From a medical perspective, the term epilepsy refers not to a single disease, but to a group of symptoms with numerous causes. The common factor in all forms of epilepsy is an excessive electrical excitability of the brain. The increased excitation is called a seizure and may manifest as a partial or total loss of consciousness and muscle spasms or other involuntary movements. Many conditions can produce epilepsy. For example, a genetic predisposition is

"Ganacity"

If there's one word that I will never forget from my AGSB experience, it's "ganacity"! A word frequently mentioned by our FinMan professor. What does it mean? It's a combination of the tagalog word "gana" (appetite, zest) and the english suffix "city" which converts an adjective word into a noun. 'Ganacity' therefore refers to one's state of desire or interest in something. I am sharing this because I feel that my 'ganacity' for what I am doing now is spiralling down, and it is so difficult to reverse it back up or just to keep it at a maintained level. It is becoming a struggle on a day to day basis. I am hoping that night and day will alternate fast so that this battle will end soon.

What to Think About this Holy Week

As we prepare for the coming week, let us be reminded again of this powerful message. In the message "Believe and Be Restored" we considered our need to believe that what God said is true. He said the death and resurrection of Jesus was the final sacrifice for our sin, and that those who believe would receive the gift of eternal life. Clearly, our Salvation is a gift from God; "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith" (Ephesians 2:8). We did nothing to earn our Salvation and there is nothing we must now do to keep it, we simply must believe; "there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1). Though our sins are forgiven and Jesus is 100% sufficient for Salvation - though we walk in grace and are absolutely free of condemnation - sin in our life still causes temporary separation and tension in our relationship with God. Therefore, over and over in scripture, we are called to a life of holiness: "As obedient chi